Final Events of the MPI_Age Project:
Save the Date: We are proud to announce the Final Events of the MPI_Age Project on June 7th (Venice) and 8th (Genova) 2017 in Italy!
We would like to invite you to our Final Event on June 7th 2017 on the San Servolo Island (Venice, Italy) which takes place during the European Interdisciplinary Council on Ageing of the Venice International University.
On June 8th 2017 we are proud to present the results of the MPI-Age Project at the 31° Congresso Nazionale SIGOT in Palazzo Ducale (Genova, Italy).
More informations about the program and registration for the June 8th 2017 will follow soon!
The italian organization National Union of Social Care Initiative and Institutions (UNEBA) published an article “Indice MPI: un progetto europeo per individuare gli anziani più fragili e progettare gli interventi più appropriati“ about the MPI_Age Project.
The deliverables „Analysis report on the use of predictive rules in clinical decision making in community – dwelling olders adults“ and „Report on the use of CGA – based MPI in improving cost – effectiveness of drug treatments in older individuals“ have been finished and uploaded to the Rescources-website.
First Cologne Symposium on Ageing Medicine ("1. Kölner Symposium zur Altersmedizin") will take place on January 11th 2017 in Cologne, Germany. The format of the symposium (held in German language) foresees four sessions - cognition, cardiology, nephrology and oncology - each composed by one biology-based, two clinical and one geriatric talk. Prof. Dr. Dr. M. Cristina Polidori will open the symposium and report the critical position of the MPI_Age study in the field. For more information see the attached flyer at the bottom of this page!
In Europe, between 13.5 % and 29.7 % of older adults living at home are malnourished or at risk of protein energy malnutrition. PROMISS (PRevention Of Malnutrition In Senior Subjects in the EU) aims to better understand and ultimately prevent protein energy malnutrition in seniors. Thereby, PROMISS will contribute to improve active and healthy ageing and is a multi-country project (from 2016-04-01 to 2021-03-31) aiming to turn the challenge of tackling malnutrition in community-dwelling older persons into an opportunity for healthy ageing for the future.
MPI_AGE was disseminated at the following events:
The dedicated Symposium “La VMD quale strumento nel management clinico: risultati dal Progetto Europeo MPI_AGE“ of the 61° SIGG Congress aimed to describe four main fields of application of the multidimensional assessment through the MPI. Napoli, Italy, 30 November – 3 December 2016
12th Congress of EUGMS: Dr. Pilotto and Dr. Daragjati presented results and achievements of the MPI_Age-Project at the symposium "CGA in geriatric clinical practice: time to exit from the fog". Lisbon, Portugal, 5 - 7 Ocober 2016
- With the presentation "Demenz bei älteren, multimorbiden Patienten: Bedeutung der Prognose und des Multidimensionalen Prognostischen Indexes" by M. C. Polidori Nelles, F. Panza, A. Pilotto the project was presented at the Gerontologie und Geriatrie Kongress 2016. Stuttgart, Germany, 7 - 10 September 2016
- The MPI_Age-Project participated in the Spring Meeting of the British Geriatric Society with the presentation "Outcomes of frail patients on antidementia drugs. Prescription of anti-dementia drugs and mortality in frail older patients with dementia; results from the European MPI_AGE Project" prepared by Alberto Pilotto and presented by Cristina Polidori. Liverpool, UK, 11 - 13 May 2016
- During the International Conference "Anziano e Farmaci" (Ageing and Drugs) Alberto Pilotto presented the results of the MPI_Age project in the framework of a wider professional tranining initiative promoted by the National Commission for Continous Training in the Medical sector, with a Lecture titled: "Multidimensional Approach and Clinical Decision: the MPI_Age European Project". Genova, Italy, 11 March 2016
- At the 60th National Congress of SIGG (Italian Geriatrics and Geronthology Society), one of the most important events in Italy about Geriatrcs, Alberto Pilotto promoted the results of the MPI_Age project with the Lecture "Clinical Decisions with Frail Older Patients: beyond the Guidelines. The MPI_Age European Project". Naples, Italy, 25 - 28 November 2015
- A lecture about "Geriatric Assessment in Haematology" was given by Alfonso Cruz-Jentoft at the Congreso de la Sociedad Española de Hematología. Valencia, Spain, 23 October 2015
- At the EUGMS-Congress 2015 the MPI_AGE-project was presented with two oral presentations by Janet Sultana, The Netherlands and Alberto Pilotto, Italy and with one Poster presentation by Julia Daragjati. Olso, Norway, 16–18 September 2015
- At the Meeting of the International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics – European Region Cristina Polidori
presented "Multidimensional Prognostic Indices (MPI) in multimorbid frail older persons: Design of the EU-funded MPI_AGE Project and preliminary substudy results". Dublin, Ireland, 23 - 26 April 2015
- Chronic Diseases and Healthy Ageing (CD-HA) Workshop. The Hague, The Netherlands, 12 - 13 February 2015
- Alfonso Cruz-Jentoft gave a lecture on "Geriatric Assessment in Haematological Malignancies" at the 2014 SIOG Congress. Lisbon, Portugal, 25 October 2014
- 12th DGGG Congress - P22-02 Using Multidimensional Prognostic Indices (MPI) to improve cost-effectiveness of interventions in multimorbid frail older persons: Aims and Design of the EU-funded MPI_AGE Project. Halle, Germany, 24 – 27 September 2014
- MPI_Age Interim Meeting at the EUGMS Annual Congress 2014. Rotterdam, The Netherlands, 19 September 2014
- Prof. M. Cristina Polidori presented "The Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment and the Personalized Medicine – a Global Persepctive" at the 10th Congress of the European Geriatric Medicine Society. Rotterdam, The Netherlands, 17 -19 September 2014
- 10th EUGMS Congress - "CGA, risk assessment and clinical decision making: the MPI_AGE project" A. Pilotto (Italy). Rotterdam, The Netherlands, 17 - 19 September 2014
- Per una Approccio Appropriato all’Anziano Fragile. Padova, Italy, 6 Marzo 2014
- 28 Congresso Nazionale SIGOT. Roma, Italy, 15-17 Maggio 2014
- Anziano & Farmaci. Padova, Italy, 5 Giugno 2014